XYLAN® 1424 coatings for studs and nuts.
XYLAN® 1424 coating is applied to dry lubricate and protect threaded fasteners such as studs, bolts and nuts used in the installation of flanged joints from corrosion.
This resin-bonded, thermosetting, VOC (volatile organic compound) compatible PTFE fluoropolymer is applied by conventional spray techniques. It consists of a dry film lubricant and due to its low friction properties, less torque is required to produce the specified tension of each flanged joint; reducing the “breakaway” torque at the time of disassembly and allowing bolts or studs to be removed with a wrench instead of a torch, reducing downtime.
The XYLAN® 1424 coating applied with a dry film thickness of 1 mil (25 micron), on a zinc phosphate base has been tested in our facilities and exceeded 1500 hours of salt spray per ASTM B-117 standards.
- Low friction coefficient.
- Wear resistance under pressure.
- Chemical resistance to most environments.
- Applicable with conventional spray methods.
- Wide range of colors.
- Ability to work in a wide range of temperatures.
- Excellent flexibility.
- Excellent adhesion to metals, plastics, ceramics or wood.
- Environmentally friendly.