Textile expansion joints are flexible fittings designed to absorb movements caused by thermal expansion occurring in hot piping systems or pipelines with gaseous media; they can also absorb misalignment. They are manufactured from a wide variety of non-metallic materials, including synthetic elastomers, fabrics, insulating materials and fluoroplastics, depending on designs.
Textile expansion joints, reference TEXFLEX-TF01 are manufactured by Flexilatina of Colombia, circular or rectangular type. They can be with flanged ends or beveled ends for welding.
for welding. In this joint, the fabric comes in direct contact with the internal fluid.
Maximum temperature: 0 to 450°C *** Maximum pressure: 5 psi *** *** Temperature and pressure are inversely proportional, the higher the working temperature the lower the operating pressure and vice versa.
– Always use guide pipe for gases with velocities greater than10m/s (30 ft/sec), in dust and particulate laden gas streams and for abrasion protection.
– Axial. Compression or extension.
– Lateral. Horizontal or vertical deflection.
– Angular movement.
– Custom designs for vibration; fans, mills and conveyors.
– Combustion gases.
– Abrasive gases.
1. Reinforcement ring: ASTM A 36, ASTM A 240 TP 304 and ASTM A 240 TP 316 among the most common.