Corrosion is the process that causes the deterioration of a metal or its properties, generally due to a reaction with its environment. To protect the studs and nuts, we coat these parts with Xylan 1424 Fluoropolymer. This water-based VOC (volatile organic compound) compatible coating is environmentally friendly, has a low coefficient of friction with high resistance to corrosion and abrasion; ideal for working in caustic environments.
The following table shows the levels of corrosion protection offered by the coatings for stud bolts and nuts we supply.
Benefits offered to coatings for stud bolts and nuts:
– Controlled low friction.
– Wide service temperature range.
– Excellent corrosion resistance.
– Excellent chemical resistance.
– Can be used independently or as part of a coating system.
– Continuous temperature service -20°C to 190°C // -4°F to 374°F.